Where to buy

2013 Krylon® Clear Choice Art Scholarship Winners

This year we were excited to review over 50 outstanding portfolios for our scholarship competition. The talent of young artists is continuously growing, making judging increasingly difficult. We are pleased to announce the 2013 winners who are featured below.

Five scholarship recipients received $1,000 scholarships to the college of their choice, as well as a package of Krylon® artist products. The scholarship recipients’ high school art programs also received $500 grants and Krylon artist products, from which multiple students will benefit. Also, nine additional students received Krylon product packages valued at $70 each, and their high school art programs received product packages valued at $250 each.

2013 Krylon Clear Choice Art Scholarship Recipients

Learn more about each Krylon Clear Choice Art Scholarship Recipient by clicking on the student’s name below.

Candice Suh

Candice Suh

College: University of California, Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA

Art isn’t simply expression; it is bringing emotion, memories and experiences together.
Kate FitzGerrell

Kate FitzGerrell

College: Maryland Institute College of Art
Baltimore, MD

Art is not just my portfolio, it is the way I absorb and interpret my environment.
Nicholle Abbott

Nicholle Abbott

College: Southwest Baptist University
Bolivar, MO

Art can both inform and inspire, making it a powerful tool.
Cara Diluvio

Cara Diluvio

College: Massachusetts College of Art and Design
Boston, MA

Art is creation and learning, and creating is a never-ending learning process.
Morteza Khahshoor

Morteza Khahshoor

College: Lyme Academy of Fine Arts
Old Lyme, CT

I am obligated to use my art to bridge the chasm of misunderstanding between my homeland [Iran] and the west.

2013 Krylon Clear Choice Art Scholarship Product Recipients

• Elise Schierbeek – Rockford High School (Rockford, MI), Hope College
  • Dawn Carr – Hatboro-Horsham Senior High School (Horsham, PA), Virginia Commonweath University of the Arts
  • Elizabeth (Kit) Mizeres – Kenston High School (Chagrin Falls, OH), Columbus College of Art and Design
  • Sharaya Schwardt – Minnewaska Area High School (Glenwood, MN), California College of the Arts
  • Kathleen Emery – Tesoro High School (Las Flores, CA), Laguna College of Art and Design
  • Isabella Kellner – Albert Einstein High School (Kensington, MD), California College of Art
  • Quintin McCann – Weber High School (Pleasant View, UT), Brigham Young University
  • Esther Chang – Newton South High School (Newton, MA), Maryland Institue College of Art
  • Alicia Wyatt – Glenbard West High School (Glen Ellyn, IL), Kansas City Art Institute
  • Kayla Zelasko – Iroquois Central High School (Elma, NY), Erie Community College

Krylon Clear Choice Art Scholarship Application Information

CLICK HERE to learn more about the Krylon Clear Choice Art Scholarship and obtain a copy of the 2020 application form.